Monday, April 16, 2012

Salamanders Venerable Dreadnought Bray'arth Ashmantle.



In a marathon painting session over the past couple of days, I finished painting the Forgeworld Salamanders Venerable Dreadnought Bray'arth Ashmantle.

Ashmantle is a character Ironclad Dreadnought who can be taken as an HQ choice. His rules can be found in IA10, and they are a doozy! I highly recommend checking them out.


Ashmantle's model is a doozy too- tons of crazy detail, and of course I had to go and add additional junk like purity seals and decorative bits.


I tried out some of the new washes on this guy. I am definitely a fan of them. They made doing this bas relief much easier:


I'm especially proud with the 'Nid skulls for some reason. No special reason why, they just came out well. I'm sure muggins will appreciate my loving attention to detail in painting dead Tyranids!


Overall, great model and fun to paint. Hope you enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Good work man, Sweet paint job!

    I love the ruleset for this guy and am tempted to run my 2xDCCW with H-Flamers Contemptor as Ashmantle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job, I really like the light-bluish sarcophagus there. It really pops on the model.
    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow~ amazing job!! Some of your best work yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude's on fire! Somebody put him out! Stop drop and roll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also I really like the technique you used on the claws.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work he looks fantastic and he kicks butt in the game too. What more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete